Microdermabrasion is a non-chemical and non-invasive procedure that removes the outermost layer of dry, dead skin cells to reveal younger, healthier-looking skin. Microdermabrasion treatment also encourages the production of a new layer of skin cells containing higher levels of collagen and elastin, both of which further improve your skin's appearance.
Microdermabrasion can improve or eliminate superficial skin problems. It works on all skin types and colors to produce subtle changes, causing no skin color change or scarring. However, it is not effective for problems such as stretch marks, keloids (an overgrowth of scar tissue at the site of a healed skin injury) or deep acne scars. Microlaser Peels are the treatment of choice for these types of skin problems. Microdermabrasion is a non-surgical procedure that can:
- Improve age spots and black heads
- Improve hyperpigmentation (patches of darkened skin)
- Exfoliate your skin, resulting in a refreshed appearance
- Lessen the appearance of stretch marks
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduce or eliminate enlarged pores
- Treat acne and the scars left by acne
Microdermabrasion helps to thicken your collagen, which results in a younger looking complexion. Collagen is a protein in your skin that’s abundant when you’re a child and makes skin appear taut and smooth. Collagen production declines as we age, resulting in looser, uneven skin.